1. Exercise- Despite some saying exercise does not help, others will tell you that exercising is a great way to get relief from RLS. Leg exercises in particular help get blood flowing. This blood flow helps with circulation and this has been proven to help with restless legs.
2. Diet-Again some think what you eat has no effect on how often your restless legs decides to rear its ugly head, but research proves otherwise. Changing your diet and eliminating starches and sugars dramatically helps.
3. Acupuncture- Now, we know acupuncture does not work for everyone, but for some people it works wonders. If you have not tried treating your RLS with acupuncture, you are missing out.
4. Pray It Away- For those of you that know the power of God, if you have not already tried praying the pain away, it is certainly worth a try. God is the ultimate healer and praying is absolutely free.
5. Pain Meds- We do not often recommend pain meds, but if you are really going through it, pain meds are a temporary option for relief.
6. Support Group and Forums- Joining support groups and browsing forums are a great way to get advice on how to get rid of restless leg syndrome.